JKS

JKS

2012-11-06

[Interview] Cri J Magazine Season 2 Volume 3 Self Interview – Singer Jang Keun Suk Part.

[Interview] Cri J Magazine Season 2 Volume 3 Self Interview – Singer Jang Keun Suk Part.

Cr.jangkeunsukforever


Q1: Your debut on stage, do you still remember?
A: I was 4 when I was on stage first time. It was not in front of camera. I think I stood on a stage with audiences when I was at 3rd grade. That was a fashion show at a shopping mall. I remember I was very nervous. But after it was finished, do you know what I was thinking? “Ahh, this is pretty cool, it finished so soon!” I was only a primary school student. That might be the “stage physique” (laugh), even that was not dancing or singing, but on the stage, that was the first time.
Q2: You want to do everything in perfect; so far for all the stage shows you were on, is there performance you want to redo it?
A: In high school, I was in a musical “Theseus” even I practiced it very hard, but due to over nervous, when I should say my role’s name but I mistakenly said my rival’s name, I felt so shameful… Of course, time can not come back, if I could go back, give me a chance to do the musical, I hope I can say my role’s name right.
Q3: When you structure your Cri Show, where you get inspirations?
A: Many people said you can get inspirations from Manga. It works for me too. Compare to Manga, I can get more thoughts from cartoons. What makes me so happy is that I utilize the things I felt from cartoons to real life. And Manga is really useful to make you feel that you can put your heart in peace and don’t have to care too much about some other things in your life,
Q4: If you’re the sponsors to the show, what you will praise the performer: Jang Keun Suk?
A: That he doesn’t miss any detail and being professional perfectly; he is being decisive on let things go when he need to; he is being tough to take challenges fearlessly and shamelessly. All these three elements made my current Cri Show. To do show is more expensive than to do a movie, it also collects more audiences… From this point, I think I should let audiences see the real good stuff. They buy tickets and come to see the show from their busy schedule, if they don’t feel the show is worth it, that’s not good. I and my team may feel so tired from doing the shows, but I would never put a show that I feel regret to the audiences, a stage show should be a happy performance and also touch people’s heart.
Q5: Please tell us the strength and weakness of the performer: Jang Keun Suk
A: There is only one “weakness” was called by my company is that the production cost is too much. The company wants to make money and hope to reduce the cost. I don’t care about that. Stick to detail will make the cost get higher and higher, but I have no choice, if the show in the name of “Jang Keun Suk” becomes a boring show, that’s the biggest shame on me.
Q6: If you become the composer to write music for yourself instead of others, what kind of music you would write first? Ballads? Dancing song? What you will feel about it?
A: Basically I have two senses, and I’m more in the happy mood than be in the other. If you don’t feel happy in your life, that would be a meaningless and boring life. So if I am the composer, I would make music that everybody would like to dance, like the best night club music and a music suits for grandpa and grandson to listen together, which they won’t feel this is strange. I don’t like to make music to follow certain trend. Everybody can dance with my music, that’s my goal.
Q7: Before you get on stage, do you have some habit that others don’t know?
A: I like to do scribble talking. Even myself would wonder: “What did I just say?”Sometime, I will make strange sound for vocal preparing. And I will drink water to moist my throat, also to protect my throat I will eat honey gel. I’m not a professional singer so I have to work harder. I will do whatever I can to make it better.
Q8: What Jang Keun Suk needs when he is on stage?
A: I think is to understand a singer on stage can become another person of himself. I hear the cheering from the fans; I can be so excited from excessive secretion of adrenal hormones. I have experienced that, for show goes smoothly, I need to control the degree of excitement, but when I see the audiences waving the glowing light sticks, when I hear the fans sing together with me, I makes my go crazy… that’s the happiest thing, I feel myself and fans united become to one body……
Q9: We hear that normally singer would have some unlucky encounter in the recoding studio
A: I don’t really have that bad… I am feeling claustrophobia when I am in a small and closed space. But I over come that. One time, I used alcohol helped me recording. Now I have over come it already. I always have the sincere thoughts when I go into the recording studio (laugh), in this world as long as you try your best nothing you can’t accomplished.
Q10: In your songs, if there is one that is like “this singer suits to sing this song”?
A: I always say, my songs can only be sung by me. No matter in Korea or overseas, no one else can sing my songs better. This is Jang Keun Suk’s song. The music is only made for Jang Keun Suk.
Q11: When the lights on and off on stage, what you think at that moment?
A: When the stage lights up, my heart beat fast and think: “When it will be off?” (laugh). When the lights are off which means the show is over. At the moment when the lights dimmed I think: “Which place have the lights on?” And “Which night club I should go?”
Q12: The moment you feel I’m the singer “Jang Keun Suk”
A: To be honest, I don’t feel it very often. To make a satisfied stage show there are lots of things need to do, I still need to work harder. I feel “I’m the singer” when the show is over, and also I am satisfied for my performance. As a singer, to stand on the stage by yourself, that needs lots of courage. Is rare that I have a full self-satisfied performance, it is difficult for a person who is not easy be fully satisfied with himself.
Q13: In this album which song you choose first? Reason?
A: The joyful song and make people dance: “Always close to you.”
Q15: When Jang Keun Suk is singing, what’s THE moment that you feel“This is it”.
A: When I’m on the lift and get close to the audiences. When the faces of fans come into my eyes, my heart will beat fast and I can’t help but feel “This is it!” If there are no audiences, singing loses its meaning. To be so close to look at the people who is listening me singing makes me feel so happy.
Q15: For some countries that you haven’t had Cri Show but you want to do it no matter what?
A: US, a country with multicultural and multiracial; Great Britain, a country with high cultural self respect. Even I was talked that I just became Asia Prince, now I am already aiming for World Prince. I will make it happen and let you see it! To let people know that Asians have so many talents. To let them understand not everything is occupied by them. So, eels, I will work hard to become a world eels’ leader (laugh)!
Q16: Now, the on going Cri Show Tour, what’s the secret of it?
A: I won’t tell you for sure. Chef will not tell his secret recipe. Please come to the show, see with your own eyes, hear with your own ears, you will find the answer.
Q17: To Jang Keun Suk, singer Jang Keun Suk is…?
A: A free people. I’m my own producer. I praise myself. don’t know how people would think about me like this… Seems there is no one like me has great directing ability, planning ability and also is a performer (laugh). On stage, I’m not only sing, I also act. Even myself would say “talented Jang Keun Suk” Today I will continue to say my Abracadabra (laugh)
The End.


No comments:

Post a Comment