JKS

JKS

2011-11-06

[Interview] Star News Interview

Jang Keun Suk – Next year is his 20th year since debut for this 24 year old actor, a leading representative of flower-pretty guys in their 20s. Already of threat to Bae Yong-joon in Japan, Keun-chan is continually expanding his career not only in Korea and Japan but also in China and Thailand. He is in fashion because of his widespread and overwhelming popularity.
In front of the camera, JKS who has gone through the growing-up adolescent period and transformed into an adult is an artiste who uses the most direct language and actions to bare himself. At a whim, he can suddenly dance in the middle of conversation. He will pull down his face mask to joke with fans, and will also leave this kind of warning on Twitter: “This is not right!”
Playful, frank and eloquent. In fact, this is not the seasoned deviousness of a pretentious style that gains the upper hand by striking first; [*this is accepted by JKS recently]. Despite the shield of “Kneedrop Guru”, this is completely JKS’ usual thick-skinned charm and good fortune.
JKS is very happy to talk about the romantic comedy “You’re my Pet” (YMP) that will show in cinema on 10 Nov. YMP is a movie in which one can see the true faces of actors with their bountiful energy, romanticism and coquettishness.
Living in the owner’s home as a pretty pet, JKS is faithful to the portrayal of a cheerful pet – the guy who invokes sweet fantasies in sisters. In the face of angry protests from men’s organizations, JKS does not mind. This is the reason why Jang Keun Suk can survive until today.
 Movie is very “sweet” – of course has put in much effort 
JKS: We wanted to film a cheerful and lively movie, and finally did it. The response at the premiere was especially good, this is really very fortunate. My friend also said it’s “too sweet” and “like sesame grains”. First, I want to thank sister Ha-neul. She is in every scene, she is the main lead in this movie, driving the plot of the whole movie. As a senior, she takes good care of me, I want to say thanks to her.
 Sunny character different from the original – it feels like JKS has had a good time playing 
JKS: Had much unrestrictive fun. Some romantic comedies still have scenes of emotional pain; it’s really good that such scenes are absent in this movie. I wanted to act a ‘completely sweet’ character before I grow older. Coincidentally, I came across this script and naturally accepted it.
 The JKS without reservation in “Kneedrop Guru” left a deep impression on people 
JKS: I have always been like this, showing the real JKS, this kind of change is quite interesting. Next year is my 20th debut anniversary, I have always been doing things according to my own thoughts. I realize that such an unreserved attitude can change people’s impression of me in some situations. I have always been myself, but it does not mean that people will accept. Just like this movie.
 The first work after “Kneedrop Guru” – in retrospect, it’s really an opportune timing 
JKS: Including that (Kneedrop Guru), it’s not calculated before I attended. It’s arranged by the company, but who set up my agent company? My mother. (laughs) Opportune timing does not drop from the sky. There was no packaging, we just had better luck. When I present my real self to people, I feel fresh. It was like this at that time, and also in this movie.
 Acting is good in “Happy Life” and “Itaewon Homicide”. Which movie do you like more? 
JKS: Both are different. For example, if my next movie is similar to the style of YMP, then it won’t do. Must look for a movie of a different style! “Happy Life” is one of the rare times in my artiste career when I suffered setbacks. The script went missing; it had to be written on the set. That setback changed my perspective of acting. Met seniors Kim Yun-seok, Jung Jae-young. Thanks to these seniors who opened a path for me. At that time, I was hosting “Popular Songs”, doing this and that. If at that time seniors disliked me and closed their hearts to me, there would not be me now. Because they stood in my position and thought for me, especially called me out for drinks and were frank with me.
[END]
Posted on  by aphrael77
Chinese translation: Sukbar
English translation: Aphrael77

No comments:

Post a Comment